lunes, 1 de abril de 2013

Road Story

Since two months ago, I was willing to make this run. The bike-lane that connect Ajusco hill and the exit to the highway towards Cuernavaca. So, I prepared myself and my bike for two days, and get some isotonic drinks and a pair of chocolate bars, and my camera, of course...

The long way up into Ajusco hill was tiring. I manage to get to the bridge over the bike-lane in one hour and half. I get down my bike and started to prepare my camera. The "ranger" of the bike lane told me that it waws recommended that I hide my camera, cause there were thieves or bandits along the way. I take his advice and started to make my first pictures of the station there.





This was a mural of tiles that was located below the bridge where I took the path that I was looking for.



Strangely, I've found some kind of dojo where some guys were practicing karate, I think...



I really wanted to make a photo of my bike, with the saddlebag and all. I hadn't get anywhere without it.



So, I moved on and get to a wooded place.



Those landmarks were all around the way.



The sky was clear and soon began to get hot.



Sometimes, the wind or some people started to rise some dust.



There were some people at the start of the way that were running also.



This first segment was very populous.



That's because the bike lane was crossing a town called Parres.



The bike lane was built over the railroad that conect the DF with Cuernavaca. Some of that remains.



Sometimes the lane was crossed by some roads.



I took all this photos without stopping. At that point I didn't care for the ranger's warning. There were just the people from the town.



A motorcyclist in a parallel road.



And sometimes whole families were in the lane, with their dogs even!



The old wagon was like a sculpture of what this places was before.



I ran into this strange chapel.



The bikers in the opposite direction were moving faster.



I put the timer and make this autophoto of the handlebar.



I was looking that far mountain. It's the Popocatepetl or the Iztazihuatl?



After leaving the town, all the surroundings were crops and fields.



Didn't understand what is that.



I took a rest in a station that was located near that structure.




A guy starte to talk to me and ask me some questions about where I am. I asked him to take me this photo.



A group of bikers were resting there, beside this playground.



After drinking one of my "Powerades", I keep moving towards this increasingly desolated place.



There weren't humans, only sheeps that I had to scare with my ring to get them outside the lane.



I started to look up to the clouds and the sky. I was en a plain ground without trees.



And the sun brighted and the road keep on.



I arrive to a very cold place, where the ground was covered by dryed lava. The vegetation there was lush. The climate remembered me the surroundings of Valdivia in the south of my country.




The trees were high here, and I had to put some coat to resist the cold wind that was houling as I was passing through here.



In this moment, the batteries of my camera get exhausted and I didn't had bakup. I keep muy ride, until the asphalt turn into gravel. The bike lane ended here and were two roads. I had to ask to a farmer or something like that, wich way leads me to Tres Marías. I took the road and after five kilometers I manage to get to the higway.

In this point I visited a taco place and get the three biggest tacos that I had eaten, but unfortunately, can't make a photo of those...

I decided to go all the way back to the DF. The fast downhill to Cuernavaca was a lot shorter from there, but I thought that I wouldn't get a place for sleep in this vacation week. The last image that I can barely get was the sun behind this covered sky that threatened me with some rain.



My arms were burned by the sun and I turned all the way back at high speed. I get my house after 3 hours. My body only wanted to rest.

No hay comentarios: